Renishaw’s MODUS metrology software makes sophisticated measurement simple.
MODUS software provides a powerful platform to develop and run inspection programs, including full support for its revolutionary REVO 5-axis measurement technology.
- Full support for I++ DME compliant metrology controllers, including Renishaw’s UCC range of universal CMM controllers
- Full compatibility with REVO
- CAD-driven offline programming, with support for neutral formats of IGES, STEP, Parasolid® and VDA-FS
- High quality integration with the CATIA® (v5 and v4), Siemens® NX™ (previously Unigraphics®), Pro/E® and Solidworks® CAD / CAM solutions
- Full motion simulation including 5-axis moves
- Native DMIS support
- Certified mathematical algorithms
- Powerful text and graphical reporting
- Flexible output of results data including certified Q-DAS
Powerful metrology software
Renishaw’s MODUS software provides a powerful platform for 5‑axis measurement. A configurable user interface allows native DMIS programs to be developed offline, drawing geometry, embedded dimensions and tolerance data from CAD, with full simulation. The software includes certified algorithms for feature measurement, feature construction and part alignment.
Programs can be created offline directly from CAD with on-screen probe path verification. The CMM environment, the fixture and the location of the part on the machine can all be defined, enabling full simulation of 5‑axis measurement programs. This minimises CMM down-time as programs arrive at the machine ready to run, with little or no prove-out time required.
Standards foster interoperability
Building on a foundation of industry standards such as DMIS, I++ DME, DML and Microsoft® SQL Server, MODUS maximises compatibility with your existing programs and reports. Flexible reporting options include text-based and graphical reports, and results data that can be exported in a wide range of file formats, including certified Q-DAS for comprehensive SPC analysis.
The reporting capability of MODUS is extensive, including traditional CMM text reports with comprehensive user-defined formatting. Graphical reporting enables results to be displayed against the CAD model, including whisker charts or 3D form plotting for many features.